Saturday, November 04, 2006

Slavs on the Runway

Perusing style.com's spring ready-to-wear collections, I can't help but notice the dominance of Slavic girls (especially DKNY). Was I not paying attention or is this a fairly new invasion? Though being Slavic myself, had it not been for the names of the models in the right-hand panel, I would have never guessed their ancestry. I guess something about being a long-legged waif makes one look international.

La Perla has some really fantastic clothes in their spring collection. For instance this dress: it's so light and flowy that you can just imagine Tatiana strolling down the street in Paris or maybe fanning herself and drinking espresso in one of the chic cafes in Yorkville. Though, the dress is probably more appropriate for summer, what with Canadian climate.




I'm not sure if I'm really loving this dress. It looks a bit too simple, but there's absolutely no doubt that it was made for Bruna Tenorio, who is lovely and coy.


But the shoes... the shoes are phenomenal. I am glad not every designer thought that having your models wear glorified dollar store, thick-strap man-sandals was a great accent to the lavish clothing, a la DKNY.


What happened, Donna Karen? You had such lovely ankle boots in your ads for the fall line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions