Monday, November 06, 2006

Sex and the City, the movie?

OK! Magazine reported that the Sex and the City movie is "back on track," that talks have begun with the stars' teams about the possible movie.

As much as I looove SATC, is a movie really necessary?

For one thing, what would happen? As far as I saw, the last episode tied things up in terms of plot and "who will end up with who."

Another thing--the writers probably won't have free reign over subject matter and rating. I'm sure that some major studio will hop on the project right away and try to make it as PG as they can to attract as wide an audience as possible. So where would it leave the fans who are used to lines such as "Fuck me badly once, shame on you. Fuck me badly twice, shame on me." and

Samantha: Ladies! Seamen, twelve o'clock!
Miranda: I pray when I turn around there are sailors, because with her, you never know.

But I'll just shut up and show pictures of what makes SATC so great (besides the wit and humor, anyway):



First 4 pics taken from Carrie's Diary

The rest are from hbo.com
Sex & the City film in the works

2 Comments:

Blogger SHOEGAL said...

I'd go see a SATC movie just for the outfits and the girls, never mind the plot! I suppose you could have Charlotte & Harry getting the baby, Miranda & Steve having another baby? Carrie & Big get married?

Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way. Yours is great!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

But I sort of have come to associate Sex and the City with the jaw-dropping sexual experiences. And having the characters (maybe with the exception of Samantha) sort of settle down into regular life would be too different from the show's format.

Of course, the fashion goes without saying! ;)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions