Saturday, March 03, 2007

Where's my hair again?


The weather reports have officially made clear that we are at the mercy of the elements. I don't about you, but the thought of wearing new clothes onto to get salt or mud on them (completely inevitable, if you are me) is disheartening. Especially since it is so disastrously cold. (For you non-Torontonians: our fair city had a serious snow storm on Thursday, March 1--coinciding in an unfortunate manner with my friends' birthday party--and due to shifty planning, I managed to stay outside for an hour and a half waiting for my ride). I don't know about you, but trudging around in freezing weather with a constant sheet of snow falling onto your clothes and hair, then standing on a painfully crammed bus for half an hour with your oversized tote cutting off circulation in your arm is about as glamorous as shopping at Sears.

So I can't wear particularly what I like during winter. Instead of pining or risking pneumonia by defiantly refusing to shelf my flats and heels, I've been concentrating on my face. I'm not going to lie; I'm a fairly boring make-up operator, but only because what may look cool and matching in my bathroom mirror looks freakish and garish in the proper outdoor light. So I have been discouraged after pulling a few "ooooh, that's embarassing" faces in the girls' bathroom mirror.
But I am determined to change all this over the (hopefully) last several weeks of winter by getting some inspiration from the runway looks (toned down to fit the everyday life). I've always had two ideal looks: heavy eyes (mascara, eyeliner and a vibrant eyeshadow) and natural blush-only for a (this is an awful description I've seen used in too many magazines) "just-did-yoga" type of aided healthy glowing look.
I was going to post a couple looks that I'm trying to master these days, but my camera is out of commision. For hair, I've been trying to get it in a sort of polished wind-blown look, but so far, it just looks like I've got ponytail bends.
By the way, what's with Vogue having Jennifer Hudson on the cover of their "Power" issue? Shouldn't they have picked someone who actually wields power instead of a girl no one's ever heard of 3 months ago?
pics from style.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions