Monday, December 25, 2006

Supreme shoe lust

When it comes down to it, especially when it is fashion, I am about two things: bags and shoes. Clothes can be manipulated to suit your mood or style, by adding extra touches to make them feminine, aggressive, grunge, classy, or just about anything that says "style" to you. Bags and shoes, and most accessories for that matter, are what they are. That's what makes a good bag so hard to find, since bad-quality leather, lack of attention to detail and sloppy stitching cannot be fixed.

And so it is exceedingly difficult for me to browse online catalogs of these goods without falling madly in love and then mooning around gloomily as a result for my student budget.

Of course, what is the point of a blog if not to share your thoughts (or objects of my affection, in this case) with your readers.

What I like about these Marc Jacobs utility boots is that, although they look very comfortable, the heel is cut fashionable enough to not suggest orthopedic footwear. Even though when it comes to lace-ups, I tend to favour the boots that stop at the knee, this design really makes the shoe easy to work with. $798.00

I am all about the ankle boots. But it seems that most designers either cut the design too high, or add too much distracting patterns and shapes to the top. In my opinion, the ankle boot looks best when it is classically cut. These Christian Louboutins embody my vision in a simple yet striking package. And for $645.00, you can cherish them forever.




For the last couple of days or so, I'm been solving a case of designer identity, otherwise known as "Is It Or Is It Not?"

It seems that when my grandmother came back from Russia, not only did she bring photos to destroy my perception of a certain relative, she also managed to acquire a Fendi bag. But I'm skeptic about it: on closer inspection, the leather seems good quality, but the stitching is all over the place. Honestly, I'm sure that I, with my minimal sewing machine training, could put together a better product. And that's saying a lot, coming from a girl who set off to make a fitted sleeveless tee, and ended up with a giant muumuu-like shirt with sleeves to my elbows. But then the design looks too unique to warrant a cheap re-production. I would post a picture, but my camera-lacking household doesn't permit me to do so.

However, this designer-doubt is generating from the fact that I was suprised to find a designer F stamped into the handles, because my grandma (much as I love her) is a suspicious source of fashion wisdom and designer goods. Case in point: when she said to me "Why don't you buy a nice jean jacket? You can wear it so well with your jeans."

So while I continue my rousing game of designer detective, you can head on over to Net-A-Porter (where the pictures are from), and have your very own shoe-love experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions