Saturday, March 24, 2007

the tease

Dita von Tease on the runway for Gaultier Spring Couture Show 07.

One of the celebrities, if you will, that I've been fascinated with is Dita von Tease. I don't know if this is strictly true, but here is a quote from Wikipedia:
In spite of this, Von Teese states that she never uses a stylist. "The one time I hired a stylist, they picked up a pair of my 1940s shoes and said, "These would look really cute with jeans." I immediately said, 'You’re out of here.'" She does her own make-up, and dyes her naturally blonde hair black at home.
What's really refreshing about Dita is the old school Hollywood glamour way she has about her. I remember reading an interview with her in Flare, where she said that she always tries to be overdressed wherever she goes. And isn't it the final irony that a burlesque dancer looks the classiest at a premier?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions