Tuesday, November 14, 2006

King watch

For the last several weeks I have been a complete hermit, leaving my room only for the occassional meal and to peruse online fashion news. It had gotten to a point where I could barely navigate my way around downtown Toronto (yes, it was that bad).

But now that school has retreated to being merely a dull nuisance of work, I was finally able to head downtown, where I could be assured that worn Uggs and Juicy Couture sweatpants are not a fashion staple enjoyed by trendy Torontonians.

Of course, Toronto is no rival to fashionable cities like Milan and New York, and you're unlikely to see gaggles of fashionistas slinking on Spadina in their five-inch Louboutins, but we've got charm. Plus the chilly weather just makes you want to layer several sacks over your body, not break out the tiny jackets.

So wondering down King West, I was hit with reassuring sights: confident business women striding in smart suits, hip girls in skinny jeans and knee-boots, very cool guys in jeans and trench coats, in designer shoes and chic scarves. In fact, I think there were more impeccably dressed men than women miling about. Let's be thankful for the metro movement.

NOW 25th birthday bash:
Those waisted pants are gorgeous, and the clean simple pieces really make the outfit stand out.
Look at that smile. Look at those tights. And those boots. One word: fantastic.


NOW party pics

1 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

oooh, i love the tights/boots combination.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions