Friday, November 24, 2006

Winter wishlist

Being an atheist, Christmas is not something I look forward to or attempt to celebrate. So holiday music and the bringing out of the Christmass tree are usually met with a cynical roll of the eyes. The hopeful claptrap of the winter holidays does nothing to warm by black heart. But having said that, I am a sucker for free stuff, and this list is as much for me as for anyone wanting to get me gifts this December. (Friends, listen up.)

What is on my Wanting list:

  • Bertrand Russell's "Why I Am Not A Christian"
  • Alfred Kinsey's "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male"/"Sexual Behavior in the Human Female"
  • Kinsey DVD
  • Night of the Living Dead DVD
  • Susannah Frankel's "Visionaries: Interviews with Fashion Designers"
  • Caroline Evans's "Fashion at the Edge: Spectacle, Modernity, and Deathliness"
  • John Emsley's Vanity, Vitality, and Virility: The Science behind the Products You Love to Buy
  • Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises
  • The ability to read in French, so that I can shelf my inferior American Vogue for good
  • A subscription to any of the following: i-D, Vanity Fair, American Vogue, W, Adbusters, American Scientist

Oh, and these boots by Anna Sui would be great. But I'm not holding my breath.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isabel said...

Oh man. When I was in Paris, I bought Vogue just to look at the picture. Being able to read the actual articles would be a blessing. I'm definitely linking you.
Plus, what T.O. university do you attend?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View blog reactions